1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 large eggs
5 ml vanilla essence
1 cup mashed bananas (about 4 small or 3 large
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon bicarb
1 tsp salt
2 pinches cinnamon
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180 C
1. In an electric mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs one by one, until well mixed.
3. Add the essence, mashed banana and yogurt. Mix thoroughly on a low speed.
4. Add the flour, bicarb, salt and cinnamon. Add the choc chips and mix it through.
5. Scoop the batter in a muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.
I used buttermilk instead of the yogurt because that is what I had on hand and these muffins were delicious. I mash the bananas in the electric mixer. These must be one of the best muffin recipes I have tried – moist because of the bananas with a touch of sweetness with the choc chips.