4 chicken breasts
¼ cup butter
1 small clove garlic – crushed
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon rosemary
1 tablespoon Worstershire sauce
½ cup cream (can leave out)
Cracker crumbs (crushed Salticrax are fine) or flour
- Cream the butter with garlic, chives parsley, ½ of the salt and pepper, rosemary and Worstershire sauce until smooth. Chill or freeze until firm.
- Slit chicken breast nearly in half and flatten with a meat pounder. (I prefer smaller portions so I slit right through the chicken breast to get two)
- Sprinkle each fillet with a little salt and pepper.
- Place a spoon of cold prepared butter on each fillet. Tuck in ends and roll tight. Secure with toothpicks.
- Roll fillets in flour, then in egg-cream mixture and then in cracker crumbs (or flour). Fry in oil until golden (don’t let oil get too hot and do not prick chicken while frying).